Wednesday, June 28, 2006

subverting desire
I am thinking - intensely thinking about the electric blue suede, studded, ever-so wedge heeled Loeffler Randall shoes that are insanely on sale at Intermix. I added them to my basket three separate times, then I so punked out.

There are only two left in my size, it’s highly likely that they'll be gone by tomorrow, but for some reason I just can't justify buying them - its not true love, merely passing consumerist lust...I hope.

So for now, I am refocusing my energies towards these sparkly Marc Jacobs stunners. This may be true love, they totally hit the trifecta; first of all they're sparkly (damn, I love a sparkly shoe - especially if they're sparkly enough to garner copious amounts of admiration from strangers, which essentially feeds into I's theory that women are obsessed with fancy shoes because they're the perfect way to silently assert power over women- but I digress.) Secondly, I can totally convince myself that they're comfortable and lastly they're Marc Jacobs (damn, I love a Marc Jacobs shoe.)

...but help me, if those Loeffler Randall shoes are still in stock tomorrow they're so mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home